As an Art Director at Mindark you are a member of a friendly, skilled, cross-functional team that manages itself and is responsible for developing the visual aspect of our vast Sci-fi MMORPG Entropia Universe. You will be part of creating an amazing experience, evolve as a leader and professional, and bring delight to our ever-expanding worldwide player base.
You will be
- Establishing the main Art Direction for our Universe
- Conceptualizing/Visualizing environments, props, characters, weapons and vehicles
- Supervising and bringing feedback to Environment, Animation, UI and Character Art teams
- Working closely with the Game Director, Artists, Level Designers and Animators to understand the visual needs of our project
This is Mindark
We are an agile organization that cares about its people and is serious about work and play. Work-life balance is essential to us! We offer a competitive salary, encourage learning, health and nice benefits.
We enjoy our openness, flexible work schedules, exploration days, expansive industry knowledge and respect for individual lifestyles. We also love dogs and some people bring their dogs to the office.
On a typical day you
- Are an active part of a cross-functional team, collaborating daily with all parts of the organization. We work together!
- Work at the office and remotely when you need to
- Share what you know and learn what you don’t
- Are proactive and get things done (We don’t micromanage)
- Fail fast and learn from the experience
- Have fun with your colleagues!
If you want to know what skills we value, here are a few examples
- Having worked with at least one published game
- Have passion to both inspire and motivate others with your vision through drawings, paintings and verbal communication.
- Feel motivated to visualize /draw landscapes, environments, characters, vehicles, props and weapons.
- Have worked with color theory, shape, scale, light and composition.
- Have a good understanding of building big open worlds.
- Have a good understanding of visual language and constraints for video games.
- Have strong communication skills both visually and orally.
- Speak and write in English.
- Are willing to learn Unreal Engine 5.
- It would be desirable with knowledge of one of the 3D Software Package: 3dsMax and/or Blender
- Also a plus if you have knowledge of one sculpting software,e.g. ZBrush.
We’d love to hear from you!